Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cleeeean!


I have emptied and cleaned out my pantry, freaked out by the prospect of little mice sharing our food, and boy, what a difference! I discovered that yes, I do have some coconut, don't need to put that on the shopping list. In fact I have about 3 kg of coconut. I think impossible pie will be on the dessert menu from here until eternity! Also have 3 tins of beetroot, as well as the container in the fridge. And enough curry paste to last me at least 6 months! Other than that my cupboard is pretty bare, I'm in desperate need of a big bulk shop but I haven't done one for ages. Now I have room to! I've organised the pantry like this:
TOP SHELF LEFT TO RIGHT: cereal in the glass jar (we don't eat it for breakfast, it goes in the girl's lunch boxes, the big red tin is for bread, followed by spreads, snacky type things - wasabi peas and pepitas etc, soups (I have a secret cup of soup addiction. I know they are horrible and full of chemicals but they are so yum! I don't give them to the girls though!) next to that is sauces, worchteshire, ketchup manis, soy etc, the pink basket is full of curry paste sachets, the hello kitty packet at the front is nori cut into hello kity shapes, my brother bought it back form Japan I don't want to eat them because they are too cute) then next to that more curry!
SECOND SHELF LEFT TO RIGHT: baking stuff, bread mix, baking powder, cocoa, about 3 types of sugars, all that jazz. Next to that coconut, semolina, polenta, felafel, brown rice, pastas, red lentils in the big jar and brown in the small.
THIRD SHELF LEFT TO RIGHT: the black tins are full of bulk things - flours, rice and rolled oats for our porridge, then the tinned section which is looking rather sad at the moment! We have beans, lentils, tomatoes, spaghetti, beetroot, spinach, water chestnuts, coconut cream.

So that's it! It seems a bit indulgent doing a blog post on my pantry, but I figure I'd like to read someone else's blog on their pantry so why not! I'm a curious type! I might do another pic when I've done a shop though, it is looking so sad and bare. But cleeeean!

No comments:

Post a Comment