Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A revelation!

I have a clean kitchen. Shock. Complete and utter shock. I do not tend to have a clean kitchen without having spent a lot of time doing dishes and collecting random bits of rubbish. It's too soon to say, but I'm going to be optimistic and say this is the dawn of a new era in my house. It was very simple, I'm sure most people actually already work this way, but it's not something that comes naturally to me. Last night, while I was cooking dinner I filled the sink full of hot soapy water. While I was waiting for the vegies to steam I put all the ingredients back in the fridge/pantry and gave the scraps to the chooks (they were out of their pen so I only had to throw it out the window, easy as) I plated up dinner and before I called everyone in I quickly washed the saucepan - I'd only used it to steam vegies so it was a two second job. Then everyone ate and I told them to scrape their scraps to the dogs and wash their own plates and cutlery each. Then I washed my plate and the frying pan. And then it was done. Seriously. It was that easy after all the times that I've sat there procrastinating about whether I should do the dishes and then end up not doing them and waking up to a trashed kitchen and food stuck on plates. It was that easy! My head is spinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment