Monday, October 25, 2010

A big old fail


Rainbow modeling one of the cute dresses that caused Mama to fail fail fail the no spend month

Of course! I knew it, I told you! Somehow at the Steiner fair $50 magically floated away from my wallet. How could I not buy beautiful wool for felting and a gorgeous silk dress ($10 - bargain!) that because of the magic of elastic fits both myself AND Indigo (how versatile is that, how could I NOT buy it?) plus some yummy biodynamic food and some pre-loved clothes. Sigh. Oh well. Sunday I did pretty well at the Expo, I spent $16 on a cloth nappy, which I've convinced myself falls into my grocery budget since I parted with my nappy stash and Rainbow has decided to become Miss Peepants every night, it was buy a cloth nappy or disposables, what's a girl to do? Which leads me to today. Indigo, Rainbow and I went to a teddy bear picnic sadly situated right next to an awesome op shop, so I went in to see what they had I could use as night nappies, I scored big time with two nappy covers and some flannel to cut up for inserts, all for 75c. So how I managed to spend $33 I'll never know! Somehow I ended up walking out with about 10 items of kids clothes. Darn it why when I happened to be there did someone come in with beautiful handmade dresses and tie dye tops in my children's sizes? Oh well, onward and upward, my week is full of lovely things that are not going to take me near any cool shops so I'm back on the wagon! Promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment