Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Beautiful unschooling days

I have a love hate relationship with our unschooling journey, but it's been a love fest lately. I think it might be the weather, the seasons have this effect on me, I do love winter but then come spring and I feel like I've woken from a deep sleep. I'm alive!

Today Indigo rode her scooter to my mum's while I stayed home and played with little Rainbow. My mum has been really anti homeschool but she's finally jumped on board and true to her style she's being fantastic! So she and my step dad and Indigo were doing 'science experiments' with bi carb the yummiest of which was making honeycomb. Then she had a swim in their pool and planted some seedlings and seeds and I went over and had coffee but she didn't want to come home so I took Crystal to gymnastics while she stayed there and lucky she did! They found a swarm of bees in a tree so they called a bee person to come and look and Indigo got chatting and was invited to go to the keepers house and she showed her all the hives and how they get the honey out and gave her a jar of honey and some honey comb and some dead bees to look at in the microscope. So she spent the rest of the day on the internet learning everything there is to know about bees! Pretty much perfect unschooling days!

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is so fantastic!! What an awesome opportunity for her!

    ReplyDelete