Tuesday, October 19, 2010

No spend update

Has it really only been one day? Time has lost all meaning since Crystal has gotten chicken pox, I can't believe it was only yesterday! She's plodding along like a little trouper, sleeping lots but not complaining too much. Just a little, but I would be too, she's got three pox on her eye lids that are pretty painful, and some in her mouth plus the usual all over her body and through her hair pox. My poor baby.

Anyway, no spend month. So far I've spent $40 on food, not bad for a week's worth, I shopped last night so Monday night and I won't need to shop until Friday night so I'm pretty impressed. We had a well stocked pantry though, so the $40 was just for some fruit and peanut butter, milk, rice cakes etc.

I also spent $30 on Christmas, I found an awesome wooden treehouse at the supermarket (who would have thunk it?) and it was the only one there so I snapped it up for Rainbow, my first Christmas purchase of the year, woo! I don't know when I'll get to go lay by bikes now that we're stuck at home.

So it's been kind of easy so far, although I have to admit I've found it challenging to think of the whole next month not buying anything non-essential. I really want a new rug for the lounge room! I'm going to a twilight fair next weekend! I want to spend spend spend! It's only going to get harder I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment