Sunday, March 7, 2010

The montessori-ish playroom part 1



I'm really interested in Montessori learning in general, I wish there was a school near here! It's come from me going to Montessori playgroup and kindergarten as a child, it's really stuck with me and I remember lots of it still, although I was only 2/3/4 years old at the time. So I'm trying to re-jig the playroom to be more Montessori style. Part of me is wondering whether I should paint all the furniture white or something, I'd prefer it all to be natural wood but I've kind of got to work with what I've got, a lot of which is hand-me-down or freecycle stuff. I love love love colour but there's way too much red in this room at the moment!
This is looking one way into the room. At the moment they have a cafe set up, they play with this lots. I'm wondering if I should have a home corner in here too or just set up a more specific home corner in Crystal and Rainbow's room, that's where the doll's beds and things are now. We'll see.
The cafe and blackboard. Rainbow's really into drawing swirly circles at the moment, Crystal likes to wash the blackboard. Indigo usually puts a little poem or riddle up there.
Looking the other way into the playroom. It has a great amount of natural light but it's quite small and hard to lay out the furniture, with having 3 entry points.


1 comment:

  1. I think it is hard enough to find stuff not made out of plastic these days, let alone plain things. I had to search high and low for a wooden barn for J instead of a plastic one!!

    ReplyDelete