Saturday, March 27, 2010

Garage sale finds


I don't get to go to garage sales for pretty much the same reason as op shops - there's never any around here. Since we've been living here (31/2 years) I've gone to 2 garage sales! When we lived in Melbourne I'd go to garage sales nearly every weekend and I really miss them! But yesterday we were going into town and I spotted one - there was a manequin wearing a fruit platter head dress by the letter box which to me signaled that there was a lot of potential at this one! And I was right, if I had a trailer and lots of cash I would have gone nuts. But I stayed calm, got a few things I really liked and only walked out $16 poorer. In this first pic is a little bird in a cage, the lady gave that to me for nothing - it really helps having a cute little fairy Rainbow going up to her saying "Ascuse me, how much money is it?" in a sweet 2 year old voice. The lady said it was broken but Indigo had a fiddle and now when you wind it up the bird swings back and forth to a music box tune.

We also got a new umbrella for the dress up box, 3 wooden containers with butterflies painted on, a laquered black and red oriental container with a handle and lid, and excitingly, a new salt lamp. I love my salt lamp that's in my lounge and I've always intended on getting one for the bedroom too.
And Indigo got this dome with a butterfly and dried flowers in it, which led to a discussion of how some people kill and preserve butterflies and insects. Indigo and Crystal agreed that they thought it was terrible to take the butterfly's life, but they still wanted to buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment