Friday, March 26, 2010

The Montessori-ish playroom Part 3

The final part of the playroom tour! We got this bookshelf for Indigo for her first birthday, it's handled being moved around to 9 different houses in the last 8 1/2 years! It's actually a Blue's Clues house on the other side. We have a few toys on here at a time, the rest are stored in a cupboard and rotated when I think they need to be. Makes tidying up way easier when you only have a few choices at a time!


More artwork, the reading chair and the flag that we got on Australia day.
As with the toys, we only have a few books out at a time and rotate when we've read them to death. The suitcase there is stuffed full of books, I have a bit of an (op shop) book fetish, for myself as well as the girls. The 70's sleeping bag that I got at the op shop in my recent post is now folded on the suitcase so it's a nice sunny spot to lounge and read. And yes, the books are always displayed like that, even if I have to rearrange them 20 times a day! I can be totally anal when I want to be, it's very very rare, but when I am I'm diligent!

No comments:

Post a Comment