Tuesday, August 31, 2010

And yet another dinner for cheap

Pocket bread pizza. Mmmmmm. Ok so it's not the most nutritious, but sometimes when you have no money the most important thing is full tummies! It's probably more expensive than other budget meals we make, but because I usually have the main ingredients in my fridge I only have to come up with the $1.70 for pocket bread. So simple so yum, just pocket bread, tomato paste (or passata if I have no tomato paste) some herbs from the garden, sprinkle some cheese on top. And whatever else I can find. I almost always have olives in the fridge, or a stray mushroom or capsicum to slice up. Frozen spinach is yum too. Sometimes when I've run out of cheese I've drizzled a beaten egg over the top and that's surprisingly good!

No comments:

Post a Comment