Monday, August 30, 2010

More mmm, muffins this time!

The never ending lunch box dramas, blergh, if I never see another lunch box I'll be one happy lady. School is bad enough but even without it I try to pack a lunch box when we go out because the girls are guaranteed to be staaaarving and need food then and there, which gets expensive! These muffins are so cheap, so yum and with a few tweaks not terribly unhealthy.

Chocolate banana muffins

makes about 30 mini muffins

2 over ripe bananas
1 tablespoon of cocoa
1 cup of self raising flour
1/2 a cup of sugar
1 tablespoon of milk
1 tablespoon of butter
1 egg
pinch of salt

mash bananas, mix in the egg followed by the rest of the ingredients. Fill the mini muffin cups about 2/3 full, cook for about 10 - 15 minutes at about 180.

I make it a little healthier with all the usual tricks - substituting wholemeal for white flour, halving the sugar. They taste just as nice without the butter, and I've made it without the milk too (not for any good reason, just that I forgot!)

No comments:

Post a Comment