Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Our new family members





This week we got two more bunny babies to add to the menagerie, meet Pearl and Peonie! I was really only looking for one rabbit, and once I saw Pearl I knew she belonged in our family so she was it. But on a whim we decided to have a look at some baby bunnies that weren't ready for new homes yet, being only 4 weeks old. When the owner lifted the lid on the hutch though she (and me!) was surprised to see the Mama rabbit had just given birth! Poor Mama. So the owner said sh would have to remove the older babies and I could have one if I liked. How can you say no? She's a French lop so she'll get to a fairly big size, but at the moment she's so very tiny, just a little ball of fluff. She's not up to hanging out with Pearl and Poppy (our older bunny) so she spends most of the time curled up asleep. It's funny to watch their personalities - Poppy is insanely jealous and won't let anyone near me or the food bowl, Pearl is so sweet and shy, she's happy to sit under the piano and watch the happenings but not interested in exploring. Peonie goes a little crazy when we put her on the floor and bounces around the room at breakneck speed! They're bringing the girls and I so much love and fun, we're so happy to be sharing our lives with these little guys! Sorry about the pics, they're just from photobooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment