Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Holiday Happenings

Woohoo! Back online! Let's see how long it takes this hard drive to crash! So much has happened that hopefully I can blog about at some stage - school holidays, Christmas, my forum friend Jannah coming to stay, it's been a nice holiday. Worked a bit too much, but not as much as I usually do over Christmas, thankfully, because I'm starting to not be able to handle work to well, to the point where I've decided I MUST retire, unfortunately can't do it until I start to make some money somehow. Come on etsy, sell something! Not a thing sold yet, trying not to be discouraged! Christmas would be a great time for us to hit the markets but with me working every weekend it's not do able. So we're focussing on Easter, hopefully we'll be able to hit some markets by then! We're working on some new ideas for stock, like matching adult/child aprons and bundling some products so that it's easier for people to save on postage. Stay tuned for some pics!

Family wise we've been having a low key holidays, lots of time spent at home, we really need the rest, we're all exhausted for some reason. Which leads to cranky kids. So this week we've been keeping ourselves entertained, visiting Scienceworks, Indigo and Crystal had a dance workshop all yesterday, we had friends over today and tomorrow morning the girls and I are doing a scrap booking workshop at Kaisercraft. I'm really looking forward to that, although I find it so hard not to stop at the shop and buy all their awesome paint and scrap supplies, I don't even do scrap booking but they have such amazing paint colors and paper designs! Partly I'm trying to keep busy because Friday night is my older brother's last night in Australia - he's leaving Saturday to live in America and marry his fiance. I'm happy for him, but just not ready to think about him going yet! Just trying to focus on the fact that we'll have a place to crash should we ever make it to New York! It's too hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment