Tuesday, January 4, 2011

'Twas the night before Christmas...








I know, Christmas is like, so last year. But I'm slow. So here it is. The night before Christmas we were part of a nativity walk through the little town we live in. Indigo and Rainbow were angels and Crystal decided to be Mary. I was going as myself but got roped into being a wise man but the Pastor. It was pretty dorky, walking through town singing Christmas Carols but the girls loved it and even though I was a little bit embarrassed it was fun. Didn't like bumping into people I knew, but still, good old fashioned dorky fun. The girls loved riding the horse, and Crystal loved being the center of attention as Mary. She really got into the role once we were at church, she sat by the cradle with praying hands and acted very pious and serene. Until her sister the little angel decided it was her turn to hold baby Jesus, at which point she shoved her to the ground and said "I'm His mum! You can't touch him" which you know, could have happened, I'm putting my money on Mary being an attached parent and that new born time is so crucial for bonding...

No comments:

Post a Comment