Sunday, January 9, 2011

Point Roadknight and Jan Juc






Sorry for all the 'here's us doing stuff' posts, we've been doing lots of holiday things since my husband's taken time off work and the weather's bordering on nice, wouldn't quite call it summer though! We took advantage of one of the only warm days we've had so far to go to what we've come to think of as Our beach, not sure who told all those tourists about our nice empty beach though, grr! I shouldn't complain, I was expecting it to be crazy busy but we actually got the very best spot in the car park, right near the trail to the beach instead of down the street ages from the water. I wanted to take a photo of it but the fam wouldn't let me, they were too keen to jump in the water!

Point Roadknight has a calm little bay that's great for the kids, the water is quite shallow - it gets as deep as my chest height after maybe 50 meters and then there's a sandbar that's about knee deep so we wade out to that and then play feeling like we're in the middle of the ocean. After we played there for a while we followed the bar to the end and climbed the rocks onto the Point, which is this magical spot covered in rock pools that are overflowing with crabs, star fish, mussels, fish and other little creatures we couldn't identify. I wish I had my camera then but since we swam out to the Point I left it behind. We played there for over an hour then followed the shore back to our towel to refuel before heading into the water again.

When we'd swam enough we drove down to Jan Juc for chips at the lookout, just a beautiful gentle day, the way summer days should be!

No comments:

Post a Comment